AquaGuard 5001® Epoxy Pool Paint Primer Sealer is a two-component system. Included in purchase is a resin component and hardener component that will need to be mixed prior to application.
AquaGuard 5001® Epoxy Pool Paint Primer Sealer is the first step in resurfacing concrete and steel pools. This protective sealer is a 100% solids epoxy primer applied in one coat 24 hours prior to application of AquaGuard 5000® Epoxy Pool Paint.
Pool resurfacing is then completed by applying 3 coats of AquaGuard 5000® Epoxy Pool Paint. One unit covers from 600 – 700 sq. ft, depending upon the porosity of the concrete surface. This product is roll applied directly onto concrete, mastic surfaces, metal, or masonry and mid-coats for marine use (especially ballast tanks and edge retentive areas) and needs to cure 6 to 8 hours after application at 80 degrees Fahrenheit or 26 degrees Celsius, and be dry to the touch (not tacky) prior to application of AquaGuard 5000® Epoxy Pool Paint top coat. This product can be used for industrial maintenance, tank, pipe, and rail car applications as well. Coatings may be tinted prior to application.
AquaGuard 5001® Protective Primer Sealer Performance Benefits:
- Roll-on application
- Easy to apply, thick, durable
- 100% Solids
- Superior chemical, corrosion and wear resistance
- Outstanding adhesion to poorly prepared surfaces
- All season cure
- Excellent bond strength – rapid cure and long pot-life at both ambient and low (<40F) temperatures
- Ensures a smooth, non-porous finish when used with AquaGuard 5000® Epoxy Pool Paint.
- No Fiberglass cloth required
- Strengthens concrete and seals leaks