Pool Crack: AquaGuard Super Epoxy Crack Repair Systems
Swimming Pool Crack Repair Instructions
- Vee Cut crack approximately ½” wide and deep.
- Using 4 X 4” #3 Rebar staples – Drill ½“ holes on each side of the crack.
- Cut two straight lines across from hole to hole to counter sink the staples approximately ¾“ depth.
- Cut & remove 12” wide swatch of pool plaster only if Pool is to be repaired and returned to service.
- Staples should be preset in a 12” on center pattern for a proper fit.
- Now you will install the staples using AquaGuard Super Epoxy with a static mixing gun.
- Allow to cure 4-6 hours to reach a comprehensive strength of 14,000 psi with a bond strength over 2,000.
- The next step is to float grey hydraulic cement over the entire crack to smooth out the repair and allow to dry. This will prevent any rebar burns.
- Now install a 12” wide 17oz. Biaxial Fiberglass with a vinyl ester resin. This will create a bridge over the entire crack repair and give flexibility.
Once completed it is ready for the application of AquaGuard 5000. Now Pool Cracks can be permanently and easily repaired.