A generic-looking swimming pool may do the job. The single-colored brick perimeter, plain interior walls, and typical rectangular shape can satisfy your swimming needs. However, if you want to turn your basic pool into everyone’s new favorite pool party spot, it’s time you considered some swimming pool makeover ideas.
#1. LED Lights
Do you want to experience swimming in color? Something as simple as placing LED lights below the water’s surface becomes a fun swimming pool upgrade. However, you don’t have to stick to the typical white or golden pool lights.
Many LED lights offer numerous stagnant colors like deep blue, hot pink, and neon green. These vibrant choices give the illusion that the water itself is tinted. With many color options and patterns, including fading and color-shifting, you can match the mood from pool parties to romantic midnight swims.
Types of LED pool lights include:
- Flush-mounted underwater lights: Cut out a piece of the pool’s underwater wall section. When placed inside the cutout, these lights brighten a large portion of the pool, promising safety and fun.
- Surface-mounted underwater lights: Unlike the flush-mounted lights placed in the wall, these lights stick to the surface and are easily removable.
- Floating LED lights: These lights float at the water’s surface in the shape of water lilies or other styles to suit your pool deck decor. While they are not as bright as the prior two options, they are an innovative and romantic touch for a swimming pool upgrade.
If you’re looking for swimming pool makeover ideas, waterfalls may be the way to go. Nature lovers will enjoy the feel of light waves and the natural sound of the rushing water as it hits the pool’s surface. Not only does running water protect against growths like mold and algae, but it also creates liveliness and excitement in the water.
Many water cycling waterfall mechanisms include:
- Rockface waterfalls: Built-in real or faux boulders allow water to descend naturally down angled rocks or provide a steep drop into the pool.
- Water walls: Opposed to a waterfall, a water wall spews water from the top of a flat, horizontal wall near the pool.
- Rain curtains: As the name implies, this waterfall emerges as a thin line of water that spans a few feet, resembling a sheer curtain of water. Rain curtains usually come from an overhang or pergola roof.
Pool remodels for your outdoor space can also provide activities for your household. While there are many accessories that you can install for the family, common swimming pool makeover ideas include diving boards, slides, and volleyball nets.
- Diving Boards: If you have a pool, you may know someone who takes pride in their diving skills. While jumping off of the pool deck is enjoyable, they’ll appreciate an actual diving board or an exotic diving rock. It’ll improve the look of your backyard while creating a fun environment for kids and adults alike.
- Slides: If there are fewer deep-end diving daredevils in your home, try slides. From a straight leg slide to a curvier molded slide leg, choose from different shapes, styles, and heights to suit your family’s needs.
- Volleyball Nets: You don’t have to be a sports fan to enjoy an exciting game of water volleyball. If you have water levels reaching the chest or lower and enough space to get a game going, consider putting in a net. It’ll provide hours of fun and exercise.
If you’re looking for swimming pool makeover ideas, there is an abundance of things you can do, including regrouting with glitter or glow-in-the-dark tiles. If you’re looking for a pool upgrade idea, try incorporating a saltwater system for smoother skin or a hot tub for heat and relaxation for weary muscles.
For more pool remodeling ideas and the equipment necessary for bringing those ideas into a backyard reality, reach out to AquaGuard 5000 at (772) 232 6274) today!