A narrow backyard doesn’t mean you can’t have a swimming pool with vibrant pool resurfacing paint. There are many small pool designs and epoxy pool paint colors available. Small inground pools are ideal for tiny backyards, making fiberglass pool resurfacing affordable.
AquaGuard 5000 dealers know the best pool paint colors, designs, and materials. Our experts provide you with popular options for your small swimming pool. Keep reading to learn more about your swimming pool possibilities.
What Is a Good Size for a Small Pool?
A good-sized, small pool is anything up to 10,000 gallons or less than 200 square feet. Depending on your design and the features you want, the dimensions will vary. The smallest pools sit around ten square feet.
Pool contractors take deck space and yard size into consideration, any pool shape and size depend on the pre-existing elements in your backyard. A patio or awning may affect your pool’s size, features, and placement.
Most small pools still allow for comfortable exercising and recreational swimming. Float pools have an average depth of three feet, while small swimming pools can be up to six feet.
How Much Is Building a Small Pool?
Many homeowners expect a small pool to cost much less than a normal-sized option. Plus, you could save up to 40% on a small pool by installing it yourself!
The materials you choose for the pool surface and non-slip pool deck also affect the final cost. Durable materials and extra upgrades increase your price significantly. Epoxy pool paint covers the bottom surface of the pool and lasts for around seven years before needing repainting, while the plaster is also effective to seal the pool surface.
You can expect to spend several thousand dollars on a small swimming pool. Average costs are around $20,000.
Is It Worth Installing a Small Pool?
If you love to swim, installing a chlorine-based pool can be very worthwhile. The lower installation price is the most attractive benefit. Small dimensions mean you can use a tarp to cover your pool easily.
Maintenance also becomes easier with a smaller pool. The smaller your pool is, the less costly supplying heat and electricity and maintaining the right chemical blend will be.
Small swimming pools are an excellent addition to a busy backyard. You’ll still be able to relax outdoors and have plenty of room for entertaining and cooking.
Choosing the right small pool design is essential. Plaster pools and fiberglass pools are among the most popular design options for their longevity. Plaster lasts up to ten years, while fiberglass pools can last three times that.
Consider the following options for your pool design:
- Backyard pool for kids: Many children love swimming to cool off from Florida’s heat. Transform your backyard with a pool for kids. Your design may include steps with a handrail to make entry easy or have a built-in water slide.
- Pool with a waterfall: A small pool can also be luxurious. Consider installing a pool with a waterfall to increase your relaxation and keep water from becoming stagnant. This elegant feature attracts your guests and increases property value.
- Letter-shaped pool: An inground, letter-shaped pool is a creative way to utilize the most space in your backyard. A P-shaped pool provides ample space for water activities and includes its own single-person swimming lane. Consider a letter-shaped design to use your backyard space smartly.
- Infinity pool: The infinity pool is one of the most luxurious, high-end swimming pools available. Fiberglass walls give the effect that the water continues infinitely. Feel like a king with an infinity pool tucked at the edge of your property.
- Front yard pool: Although not as common as a backyard pool, your front yard makes a good location for a pool. Front yards typically have more space, meaning you can add additional features. Implement walls to accommodate uneven terrain and increase privacy.
With many small swimming pool designs, there’s something for everyone. Aquatic Technologies Group is at your service with expert assistance. Begin your fiberglass pool resurfacing project with the best epoxy pool paint and AquaGuard5000 materials.